Thursday, January 13, 2011

Emergency Room Visit!

So last night I found myself in the Emergency Room but not to worry I am fine now. I went to the Emergency Room because I got an allergic reaction to something. It was horrible I broke out in hives everywhere and the hives were really itchy as well. It was so irritating. =(

I got to the Emergency Room around 8:35pm and had to fill out paperwork. I remember a lot of people telling me that filling out paperwork is unpleasant at the Emergency Room and they were right. Like at that time you really don't remember the date or what time it is or anything lol but I understand that it has to be done. It is for the good of everyone.

They then took me to a room and asked me a whole bunch of questions and then came the wait for the doctor. That wait is one of the longest waits ever. It's worse then waiting in traffic. Although I'm sure there are worse waits out there such as waiting for the results of a loved in surgery. While the doctor arrived the nurse got permission from the doctor to administer a Benadryl shot for the allergy reaction. That made me feel a lot better. =)

The doctor then arrived and gave me a prescription for some cream to help with the itching and told me to take Benadryl as needed. I was then able to go home.

I am still unaware of what caused the reaction. The only thing I remember eating out of the ordinary was a tiny bite of spice cake. I had never tried it before so maybe that was it.

Last night around 3am the allergy reaction came back so I took some allergy medicine and got on facebook for a while to take my mind off of the itch and it seemed to work. I was able to calm down and the allergy reaction calmed down as well. Since last night (3am) I have not gotten any more break outs so that is good. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed hoping that I will not get another outbreak.

That is all for this blog post!

7 comments:

  1. Great to hear you are feeling better Kristal! I used to be allergic to all kinds of stuff as a kid, mostly fruits and veggies. I love watermelon, but I can only enjoy a piece the size of an ice cube. The waiting time at hospitals and doctor offices can be worse than traffic jams. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dang Kristal hope that doesn't happen again. nice blog topic.

    @ Adrian: i love watermelon too man. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emergency rooms are no fun. I went to the ER once when my gallstones were causing me so much pain I could not walk upright. I was physically sick to my stomach and bent over double. I got to the ER at 12:00 noon and sat in the waiting room for an hour. I was finally taken to a room. The nurses started an IV and gave me pain meds. They helped but did not kill the pain. The hospital called a surgeon in and he was taking his sweet time getting there. I had to tell the hospital that I was not leaving the graciousness of their hospitality until I no longer had a gall bladder. It needed to be removed and I wasn't going home until this happened. Finally, at 8:30 pm I was wheeled into surgery. I've never felt better than when I came out of surgery. The pain was finally gone, but my memory of the ER will never go away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @AJNorman: Thanks! I am really glad that I'm doing better lol! Awww I can't believe your allergic to Watermelon =( Watermelon is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jasen: Thanks! I hope it doesn't happen again as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Rhonda: That's a really long to wait! =( Thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you are talking about, I haven't been in the ER as a patient. Unfortunately, I have taken my father to the ER in late hours like 1 or 2 am, and every time that he has to go they make him fill out all this paperwork that they already have on file. I think it is just a waste of time to do that, and then the moment that frustrates me the most is when they ask "HOW ARE YOU FEELING?" I just want to answer "HURRY UP!"...I am not saying that this is not a good hospital, as a mater of fact it is a good hospital and they have some many doctors that are good as well..

    ReplyDelete